Centering Prayer Public Groups Oregon & Southern Washington
Contemplative Outreach of Portland Chapter
Portland Metro Area:
- Every Friday: 9:30-11:00 a.m.; Spirit of Grace, 7400 SW Scholls Ferry Road, Beaverton; Benneth Husted, 503-887-7655, Bhusted@easystreet.net
- 2nd and 4th Saturdays: 3:45-4:45 p.m.; St Cecilia Catholic Church, Parish Center- NE Room, 5120 SW Franklin, Beaverton, Marylyn Klesh firstname.lastname@example.org. Starting September 8th, meetings will change to the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays at 2:30 PM in the Fireside Room in Parish Center.
- 2nd and 4th Saturdays: 4:15-5:15 p.m.; Holy Trinity Catholic Church – Fireside Room, 13715 Walker Road, Beaverton; Marilyn McWiliams, 503-475-8927,
- Eugene (Zoom)
- Each Friday 8:30 a.m. for 30 minutes of centering prayer on Zoom. The host is the Church of the Resurrection, Eugene, Oregon. Contact Sandra Wu (email@example.com) for login information.
- Forest Grove
- 2nd & 4th Mondays: 7:00-8:30 p.m.; Private home; Forest Grove; Kate Flanagan; 503-359-0736, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gresham (Zoom)
- 2nd Tuesday (6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.) and 4th Saturday (11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.) each month at St. Luke’s, upstairs in St. Luke’s Birch Room, 120 SW Towle Ave., Gresham, 97080. Lainey Johnson, email@example.com, 907 888-8510.
- Lake Oswego
- Every Monday: 9:30-11:00 a.m. Our Lady of the Lake Church, Parish Center: Library, 650 A Ave., Lake Oswego, Brant Crabbe, 503-329-6569, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Every Wednesday: 7:00-8:30 PM; Our Lady of the Lake (Parish Center-Nazareth room), 650 A Avenue, Lake Oswego, OR 97034, Mark Jacobi, 314-603-8746, email@example.com (first letter is a lower J)
- Every Thursday: 6:30 p.m – 8:00 p.m. All Saints Episcopal Church, 4033 SE Woodstock Blvd., Portland OR. Facilitator Bill Habel@ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Every Wednesday, 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.; First Baptist Church, 125 SWE Cowls St, McMinnville, OR, upstairs conference room. Barbara Tracy; B.email@example.com; 707-321-0678.
- Lafayette Trappist Abbey “Our Lady of Guafalupe”
- 1st Saturday: 8:45 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.; “First Saturday” provided by Seven Thunders http://seventhunders.org
- Christian Contemplative Meditation led by teachers from Seven Thunders
- Milwaukie (Zoom and In-Person)
- 1st and 3rd Thursdays: 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm; Christ the King Church- Parish Center, 7414 SE Michael Dr., Milwaukie; Kay Haberlach; 503-698-7686, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Every Sunday: 11:45 am – 1:00 pm; St. John Episcopal Church, 2036 SE Jefferson Street, Milwaukie. Please contact John Carmichael before attending, email@example.com. We are meeting via Zoom.
- Portland (Zoom and In-Person)
- 1st and 3rd Mondays: 6:30-8:00 p.m.; St. Andrew’s Church (rectory), 806 NE Alberta, Portland; Bobbie Foster; 503-285-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1st and 3rd Tuesdays: 6:30-8:00 p.m.; Sharon and Brad Burke 2425 NE 23rd Ave, Portland, 97212. Meets a hybrid both in-person and on Zoom. Contact Anne Feeney, 503-335-3115, email@example.com.
- Every Wednesday: 8:30 – 9:15 a.m.; St. James Lutheran Church, 1315 SW Park—next to the Portland Art Museum, Christopher Laing; firstname.lastname@example.org, 503-704-7254
- 1st and 3rd Thursdays: 7:20-8:30 p.m.; St Pius X Church-Community Center, 1280 NW Saltzman Rd, Portland; Contact Barb Upson for the Zoom link; 503-617-6534, email@example.com
- Last Saturday of the month: 10:00-11:30 a.m.; Calaroga Terrace Retirement Center, NE 2nd Ave.; Natalie; 503-239-3321, Natalieettlin82@gmail.com (call or email for directions)
- 1st and 3rd Saturdays: 10:00-11:30 a.m.; The Four Rivers Counseling, 2410 SE 121st Ave., Suite 222 Portland; Michele; firstname.lastname@example.org 503-267-6742. Please email or call first for information about the location of our Centering Prayer sit.
- 4th Saturday of the month: 9:00AM-Noon; St Rita’s Catholic Church, 10029 NE Prescott St., Portland, OR 97220. Meeting room is in the Religious Education Center which is the one story building around the back of the church (north side). Bill Lindekugel, 503-317-0574; email@example.com
- Every Tuesday: 7:00- 8:00 p.m.; St. Andrew’s Church (rectory), 806 NE Alberta, Portland; Gil Muñoz; 503-816-8085; firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1st & 3rd Sundays:7:00-8:30 p.m.; Private home, Tigard; Lisa Knudsen; 503-341-2694, LisaKnud2002@gmail.com
- 2nd and 4th Saturday: 9:00-10:30am; St. John in the Woods (behind the church, side door entrance), 24905 E Woodsey Way, Welches; Patty Wilhelm, 503-740-7214, Pattywilhelm52@gmail.com.
- Zoom Group (Zoom)
- 7:00-7:30 AM, Monday – Friday. Pam Kerr, email@example.com.
Southern Washington State:
- Every Tuesday: 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Church of the Good Shepherd, 805 SE Ellsworth Rd., Vancouver; Clemie Perslin; 360 574-6833, Wayneperslin@aol.com
- Every Thursday: 2:30-3:30 p.m.; Messiah Lutheran Church, 905 NW 94th St., Vancouver; Norma Moore; 360-601-4267, firstname.lastname@example.org
Can anyone join a group?
A new person who is also new to the Centering Prayer Practice will meet with Anne Feeney first for training in the Centering Prayer Method. Anne Feeney, 503-335-3115, email@example.com.
Additional Centering Prayer Chapters Throughout Oregon
Contemplative Outreach Willamette Valley Chapter (COWV)
- Every Sunday: 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.; First Presbyterian Church, 114 SW 8th St., Corvallis; Norman Carlson; 541-754-9945, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Every Wednesday: 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.; St. Mary’s Church, 501 NW 25th, Corvallis; Doug Eaton; 541-753-2946, email@example.com
- Every Tuesday: 2:30-4:00 p.m., Private home, Corvallis, Dorothy Charles McGrane; 541-730-2441; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Every Monday: 7:00-8:30 p.m.; Queen of Peace Chapel, 4227 Lone Oak Rd. SE, Salem; Laban Quimby; 503-917-9432, email@example.com
- Mount Angel
- Every Tuesday: 7:30-8:00 a.m.; St. Mary’s Parish, Mount Angel; Joe Roy; 503-792-4595, JRoy7340@aol.com
- Tuesday: 7:00-8:30 p.m.;St. Mary’s Catholic Church, 822 SW Ellsworth St, Albany; Jenny Brausch, 541-971-1297
Contemplative Outreach Central Oregon Chapter
For the CP and prayer groups in Central Oregon, please contact Carol Luebke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Groups Throughout Oregon
- La Grande:
- Mondays: 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.; Presbyterian Church, Parlor Room, corner of 4th and Washington, Dave Ebel; 541-910-7787, email@example.com
- Lincoln City:
- Tuesday: 6:00-7:00 p.m.; St. Augustine Catholic Church, 1139 NW Highway 101, Lincoln City, OR.; (541) 994-2216
- Monday: 5:00-5:45 p.m.; Center for Contemplative Arts; Lola Sacks; 503-368-6227, firstname.lastname@example.org (this is a meditation group all forms of meditation welcomed)
- Wednesdays: 2:00 – 3:00pm; St. Stephen Episcopal Church, 414 9th St (corner of 9th and Hubert); Dorothea Derickson
- (503) 840-8108, email@example.com